HORNETS® SNOWMOBILE STUD – still the #1 stud for traction and durability
Hornets were first introduced to snowmobilers over 25 years ago. Their unique design included:
- Rimless tip for smooth, deep penetration
- Narrow barrel for penetration and weight reduction
- Thin head for weight reduction and easier flush installation
- Rotation ribs to prevent spinning
- Lightest weight
- Guaranteed not to break or bend
When the Hornets were first sold, no other stud had any of these radical, new features – Woody’s Gold Diggers®; Stud-Boy Power Point; Fastrac Top Gun.
Their superior bite and great durability soon made them the #1 stud in the market.
Many years later, Woody’s introduced their Trigger® studs and Stud Boy introduced their Lake Racers. But, neither stud can match all the features of Hornets.
The Fatheads™ have all the same features as the Hornets® except for a large 1.20” head to better spread the pressure out on the thin, single-ply tracks to reduce stud pull-through.
- Narrow, rimless tip for superior penetration
- Thinner barrel for lighter weight
- Thin head for easier flush installation
- Rotation ribs to prevent twisting or loss of orientation
- Guaranteed not to break or to bend*
- Tough, durable nickel finish for improved durability.
|Track||HORNETS||Overal||P pack||B pack||G pack|
|Lug Height||part number||length||24 + nuts||96 + nuts||144 + nuts|
|Track||FATHEADS||Overal||D pack||FB pack||MX pack|
|Lug Height||part number||length||24 + nuts||84 + nuts||504 + nuts|
Dealer Inquires Welcome